The Alden Grabit Screw Extractor allows you to quickly and easily remove damaged screw heads and extract free-spinning screws. You can use this tool to help remove rusted screws, deck screws, free-spinning screws and other damaged screws.
The Alden Grabit is both a drill and an extractor all in one that can remove screws from any type of damaged screw head and from any material. No more guesswork in matching the drill size with the extractor, as with other manual tools. The Grabit’s quick connect chuck capability makes it super easy to use.
Simply drill, flip and extract.
How to use Remove damaged srews?
- Insert the grabit directly into a drill
- Set the drill for reverse
- Place the burnishing end of the tool into the damaged screw and slowly clean the inside screw head until it is smooth
- Remove the burnishing end from chuck, flip the tool and replace into the drill the chuck-remover end now showing
- Keep the reverse setting
- Apply firm downward pressure, drill at slow speed and apply the lowest level of power to the drill
- The remover end of the Grabit will thread into the screw head and remove it